Create rather than consume...

Friday, November 11, 2011

Mandalas

I did these 2 mandalas last night while having a Jane Austen marathon. I read that it was a meditative exercise so i looked up the basic structure of a mandala and tried some stuff out. 


It is actually really calming. I forgot that about line-work - that you have to become very still in your body and mind. I also find that it makes me take long and deep breaths, not unlike Pranayama techniques so that my body doesn't shake while I draw. 


All in all it was v fun and v calming so I will keep this up. Enjoy!



Mandala 1


Mandala 2

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful pen-and-ink designs. I could see how they could be used for meditation. But the concept of mandalas is new to me - I'm going to read up about it.
    Da

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them and think your designs are lovely.

    Keep working on others.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete