Create rather than consume...

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Flag Tree

Oh wait i lied, my camera phone seems to take okay pics at least for internet quality. 




This is a drawing called Flag Tree. I used to do drawings like these incessantly when I was a teenager, but I allowed myself to be convinced somewhere along the line that they weren't 'fine art'. so now that i only really care about making art that is sincere, i thought id have a go at drawing again. 


The form of this drawing - of a tree on a hill in some way encapsulating or birthing a human form has been repeated in countless sketches and paintings of mine in a different ways. I could ascribe all kinds of meanings to this form and its significance in my life but I would prefer to leave it open for discussion. 


Hope you enjoy. 


Thanks


Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Tracey Michelle Gomez-SahadatSeptember 25, 2010 at 4:04 PM

    I remember you used to draw like this in Naps....I have always enjoyed your artwork and I hope that you don't stop expressing yourself and sharing it with the rest of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the visual impact.. without even knowing what it is, or about.. then it draws you in to find that out.. very nice!

    ReplyDelete